Friday, May 4, 2007

Silence

Ever felt the urge to speak disappear when you're with someone?


And whats left is a silence, a void of sound...save for the background noise, crickets chirping etc.








This silence can either be comforting or painfully akward, depending on who you're with. I suspect the latter is more common between the two genders.



As for me, it's a strange mixture of both. Communicating is not all about talking. Nor about being funny or interesting. Sometimes, chemistry between two souls is strongest when no words are exchanged at all. When I stone, it does not mean I lost interest in you. My mind's just blank, like a slate. Still appreciate the company though.



Silence speaks volumes.





Perhaps this gives new meaning to 'SHUT UP'. Just my five cents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with most parts you said :)

just knowing someone is right there, despite silently is very comforting.

Copyright © 2007 Christopher Sim. All rights reserved. Any infringement would result in mutilation, public humiliation and perhaps decapitation. Do you get the explanation or do you need a demonstration?