Short reflection: 2006, Melbourne
Recycled from my old blog, 16 Dec 2006
It's been a while since I returned from Melbourne. A short year by my standards I suppose, but what a year! A flurry of warm friendships, ridiculous cramming, lecture-skipping, drunken nights, online shopping, jaywalking and other such pursuits. And what have I gotten out of it you say? 
you know that already
male-burn city
the usual drunk bastards :D
Plenty.
Throughout this year, I'm aware that I've changed in some aspects. I have all but lost my sense of competitiveness, a legacy of the early years dad hounded me over my results. So, no more Mr. Kiasu, for now. However, I'll keep in mind not to let complacency take over....Rome wasn't built in a day you see..
"narcissism is necessary...don't barf just yet!"
Personal appearance and taste in clothing, something that has taken a back seat in my life for ages, ahhh..that's becoming more important. A taste of something better, courtesy of the likes of armani or versace...has left me quite smitten. And you can bet I'll be back for more.
Just kidding there!...i'm not that into that sort of excess. Very metro. Not forgetting my obvious lack of mullah, or "something-that-rhymes-with-honey". But as you can see, i'm sadly becoming more superficial. and hating myself more for that....the angst! :P
Sad to say, I think I've gotten more cynical over these months..my pal calls it maturity...i'd think otherwise. I'd see the negative side of things...a departure from my usual rose-tinted view of the world. Politics,events, policies, mostly from my home county..leave me flustered and irritated. Same goes for matters closer to heart..friendships, relationships, God..Don't give me that half full half empty crap. I NEED rehabilitation! X-(
And, God, not forgetting God,......who brought me there...watched over me...provided...fed....though I still have unresolved doubts and issues...there's still unmovable faith...ahh, faith, that's what keeps me moving on.
Oh yea, let me also announce a vacancy for a personal back scratcher. The humid weather has left me itchy...very itchy. Scratch my back and i'll scratch mine!
2 comments:
i'll scratch :D
Post a Comment