Getting up
"The measure of a man is not how he falls
...................................
but how he gets up again."
Thanks Kern for sharing that with me. It has been 3 years since.
I'm normally quite averse to this, but my Archilles heel I decide to reveal.
My belief is that it takes a real man to admit his shortfalls.
I do so for my own personal growth.
Over these past few days, my confidence has been shaken. At times, I have been reduced to this anxious, cynical shadow of myself.
A hidden alter ego revealed.
My past scars reveal themselves, fresh as they have been years before.
Words unspoken have hurt me more than those audible. Silence has that effect on me. Makes me assume the worst.
Passion reveals its true form as pure pain. I've learnt the hard way that love is a constant sustained sacrifice.
It gets difficult when I feel I've got something to lose.
My aura of confidence, coolness and invincibility is nothing but a facade.
But this will not end as a recurring tale of defeat. It will be one of hope. And victory.
I will not let myself live in defeat.
Neither is it God's will.
So I'll pick myself up. And arise a stronger man.
2 comments:
heya..
just read ur post and kinda reminded me of this song "Stand" by Rascal Flatts.. can listen to it here:
http://xtreamzz.imeem.com/music/8eVw-piX/stand/
u might have to sign up to listen tho.. but it's free :D
Definition of success:
10 times failure, 11 times success :)
Post a Comment