Who's this old guy?
One week to exam, so I'm desperately hitting the books. After about an hour of studying in the library, I decided to take 5 and have a short stroll to relax. Guess who I saw? Some old white bearded guy in an off-white suit. With a bunch of eager-looking college staff following him around. Naturally curious, I went to take a closer look.
As I suspected, he wasn't just a random person coming for a visit. I learnt from a staff member that he was Sir Chris Bonington, a mountaineering legend and adventurer in Britain. Apparently, he led many expeditions up Everest, K2, and other dangerous peaks over the past 40 years. Plus, he's still climbing after all these years! And I read his book 'K2-The Story of the Savage Mountain' a long time ago. Pretty inspiring. So, yeah...on to photo op time with shameless me..
The famous Chris with the not-so-famous Chris
Looks can be deceiving eh? I guess I should give climbing a try when I have the time. Probably not K2 or Everest. Mount Kinabalu anyone?
1 comment:
Shameless. But Cool. I would have begged for a photo op myself.
Nice one chrizman!
Post a Comment